Location: Ketchum, Idaho
***SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE***
St. Luke's Health System in Ketchum is seeking a Health Unit Coordinator to join our Wood River Surgical Services team.
- Under limited supervision, performs professional level support activities in one or more functional areas within an assigned department/unit. Uses established procedures to perform assigned tasks.
- Through documentation and oral communication, essential information is shared with health care team members and others common to the unit/area(s) of assignment.
- Prepares, compiles and maintains patient and/or operational records in the unit.
- Maintains inventory and order supplies as necessary.
- May transcribe and ensure physicians' orders are processed and patient follow up needs are met or assures documentation of work is completed as required.
- May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- May act as backup to one or more processes outside of area of expertise.
- Prepares special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 2 years' general experience in the functional area or related experience
- Licenses/Certifications: None
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.