Location: Rye Brook, New York
Internal Number: REQ-021651
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions.
Location: Rye Brook, NY
In this role, you will:
Under the direction of the Lab supervisor, the PCR Technologist will perform biological experiments and assist with the day-to day administration of the PCR Laboratory.
- Knowledgeable in the handling of patient specimens from accession to storage.
- Assist supervisor with day to day administration of PCR Laboratory.
- Read and follow technical procedures for the Standard Operating Procedure Manual.
- DNA and RNA extraction
- Complete PCR testing and PCR product analysis including sequencing, hybridization or fragment analysis
- Assist in the administration of all Quality Control Programs.
- Assist in the inventory management and ordering
- Sample data collecting or accession if necessary
Compliance with all Federal and State regulations
- Adherence to workload requirements.
- Maintenance of accurate work records (i.e., Maintenance Logs, Temperature Logs, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in science or related field plus one year clinical biological lab experience
- NYS clinical laboratory license
Bonus points if you've got:
- Knowledge of nucleic acid technology. Understanding of quality control / quality improvement programs.
- Familiar with pipette and knowledge of basic chemical calculation
- Block sectioning and H&E staining experience
- Detail oriented
- Working knowledge and understanding of computers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize effectively
Sonic Anatomic Pathology
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
CBL Path, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.