Location: Edina, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0018136
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Department of Urology at the University of Minnesota is seeking a full time board certified/eligible Urologist, at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank on a tenure, academic or master clinician track to join our practice in Edina, MN.
About the Department:
Consistently recognized as one of the best-in-class urology departments in the country, we have been at the forefront of urology for more than eight decades. We strive to build an inclusive environment that nurtures innovation in our core missions of patient care, research and education, and to be an encouragement to those who observe us. Building on our past, we continue to lead innovative efforts in several areas of urology including cancer, stones and reconstruction. Our clinical work is complemented by 4 basic scientists in our department working in areas of cancer, immunology, neurourology and medical device development. Our residency program consists of 5 years of training with 3 residents per year. To learn more, please visit: https://med.umn.edu/urology
About the Practice:
As the multi-specialty group practice for the faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, University of Minnesota Physicians has more than 950 physicians and 1,600 health professionals, providing clinical care in over 100 specialty and sub-specialty areas. The Department of Urology's more than 20 providers deliver high quality, innovative patient care through University of Minnesota Physicians and a partnership with MHealth-Fairview, a healthcare system with a dozen hospitals and 40 primary care clinics; the University of Minnesota Medical Center serves as the hub for complex care. Our mission is three-fold: delivering culturally proficient outstanding patient care, advancing medicine through research, and training the next generation of diverse health professionals.
- Join a Join a close-knit team of more than 20 urology faculty at the University of Minnesota providing high quality, innovative patient care across the Twin Cities.
- Urology practice located in breathtaking Edina, MN at the award-winning M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital and up to 1 day/week at a second site.
- The position will involve instructing, clinical research, and patient care with an emphasis on:
- Erectile dysfunction/Sexual Medicine
- Advanced Practice Providers (PA's/NP's) support patient care in the clinic and hospital.
- Access to a strong primary and specialty care referral base within the M Health Fairview system.
- Cover night and weekend call on a per FTE basis with other partners, currently 1:5 call.
- Fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (Epic).
- 2-year market competitive salary guarantee with ability to exceed on production compensation program
- Comprehensive benefits package: generous time off, annual CME allowance, malpractice insurance with tail coverage, retirement contributions, relocation & more.
- Duties will consist of supporting and advancing the clinical and academic mission of the Department of Urology and the University of Minnesota Medical School.
- Position will involve instructing, clinical research, and patient care with emphasis on the following:
- Erectile dysfunction/Sexual Medicine
- Opportunities to collaborate within and across local healthcare systems including M Health Fairview as well as Minneapolis VA.
- Graduate of an American Board of Urology accredited residency training program.
- Fellowship training in Andrology or Sexual Medicine preferred.
- Board eligible/Board certified.
- Minnesota Medical license eligible.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health professionals.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.