Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0013267
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Minnesota is seeking a board certified/eligible Pediatric or Family Medicine Physician at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank on an academic track.
We are searching for a lead physician to continue to run a well-established hospital-wide program in Pediatric Health & Wellbeing with upcoming plans for program expansion to our Masonic Institute for the Developing Brain. You will be joining a large, robust program, highly used and embraced by staff.
- Will lead, with a dyad administrative partner, a program that is patient-focused and offers numerous integrative and traditional therapies including, but not limited to: Integrative Medicine, Aromatherapy, Acupuncture and acupressure, Music Therapy, Art Therapy, Energy Therapies, Massage Therapy and Nature-Based Therapy
- This position will have a major consultative role within the award-winning M Health Fairview Masonic Children's Hospital and will conduct outpatient services as well.
- The program will be expanded to the Masonic Institute for the Developing Brain, a one-stop clinic and research location specializing in care for children with neuro-behavioral conditions.
- Our active pediatric integrative medicine program has grown tremendously over the past 7 years and is well embedded and highly regarded among staff.
- Program infrastructure highlights includes partnerships with local schools passionate about alternative health care, music therapy, and art therapy.
- We have numerous spaces on our hospital campus that our team offers programming for patients and families, such as the Zucker Family Suite and Broadcast Studio, the Kyle Rudolph End Zone, the Hompson Healing Gardens, a newly designed outdoor patio and garden space, and the Blythe Brenden Mann Wellness Center.
- The University is known for tremendous research infrastructure and the candidate should be committed to the academic advancement of research in the area of integrative health.
- The program has active collaborations within the University and external to the University that the candidate would be expected to maintain and improve over time.
- The appointment will be at the Assistant or Associate level with the Pediatric Hematology/Oncology division within the Department of Pediatrics; however, this role serves all patients hospital-wide regardless of admitting service.
- More about our program: Salon, Innovative Lighting system, Nature-Based Therapy, Music Therapy.
About the Department:
The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Minnesota Medical School strives to improve the lives of children in our community, nation, and world through research, service, education, and advocacy.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Pediatric residency.
- Board eligible/certified in pediatrics or a pediatric sub-specialty, or family medicine is required and candidates with formal training within the areas of integrative medicine and/or experience in the development of a similar program are preferred.
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
This role is dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding application for this position here.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a premier institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health providers.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.