Location: Mt Kisco, New York
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: CYTOL005965
SIGN ON BONUS - $5,000
Position Overview: Perform microscopic screening of slides from clinical specimens for evidence of cancer or other pathological conditions to include marking abnormalities, recording interpretations and presenting cases for subsequent review by a pathologist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
* Screen and evaluate cytology slides
* Perform daily quality control
* Participate in proficiency testing
* Participates in document control and re-screening
* Complies with state and federal regulations, and maintains patient confidentiality.
Typical Physical Demands:
* Requires sitting for long periods of time.
* Requires manual dexterity and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
* Requires visual acuity and normal color perception.
* Must be able to view slides through a microscope for long periods of time and must be able to focus attention on the task in hand.
* Must be detail oriented.
Typical Working Conditions: Work may be stressful at times. Involves contact with biological specimens, exposure to communicable disease, chemical substances, medical preparations and other conditions common to a clinical environment
Provides Direction To: May mentor Cyto Prep Tech
* BS degree in Biology or related science.
* Must complete and graduate from an accredited Cytotechnology program.
* NYS Cytotechnologist license and ASCP certification required.
Preferred Qualifications: One year experience as a Cytotechnologist
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. CareMount will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability